A Prayer for Uncertain Times
Who created us for and from love,
in this time of social distancing,
hold us close in your arms.
Comfort those who are afraid,
give courage to those who are distressed,
and warm those who feel the cold touch of loneliness.
Breathe in, with and through us
as we walk through uncertainty into a new future
knowing that you are with us now and await us there.
In the name of Christ the Beloved, we pray.
Parent-Teacher Interviews and Work Sample Folders – NEW ARRANGEMENTS
Due to the Covid 19 Pandemic restrictions, interviews with Parents were postponed in Term One. We are happy to report that we will be going ahead with Face to Face interviews in Term Three. To adhere to the Phase Three restrictions, we plan to hold the upper school interviews (Years 3-6) in Week One of Term Three, and the Junior Primary (Pre Primary – Year 2) in Week Two of Term Three.
We ask that only ONE parent be present at the interview, so we can adhere to the correct numbers on the school campus, at one time. Children are NOT to attend any of the meetings.
An email will be sent this afternoon with instructions on how to book your Parent Teacher Interview.
Interviews are strictly 15 minutes only and will be held in the child’s classroom.
Please enter the school from the Mary St gate next to the drive through.
We ask that you adhere to the Phase Three 2m social distancing at all times, and allow for cleaning after each meeting.
The smooth running of our parent-teacher interviews relies on all parents keeping to the timetable. Please consider other parents and end on time. If you need more time with the teacher, arrange a separate meeting or phone call.
If you have any further enquiries, please contact the school on 9253 2500 or contact your teacher directly through email.
Work Sample Folders
Work Sample Folders and iMaths Tracker Books (Years 3 – Year 6) will go home in Week 1 of Term 3, at the time of the Parent-Teacher Interview Meeting.
Work Sample Folders and iMaths Tracker Books (PrePrimary – Year 2) will go home in Week 2 of Term 3, at the time of the Parent-Teacher Interview Meeting.
Kindy Work Sample Folders will be sent home with the students in Week 2, Term 3.
School Drop-Off and Pick-Up Arrangements for the remainder of Term 2
For the remainder of Term 2, school drop-off and pick-up arrangements will remain the same. A review of these procedures and the access to the school grounds by parents will be reviewed for Term 3 and communicated to parents.
Sacred Heart Feast Day
Next Friday, 19th June, the staff and students will be celebrating the Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Due to COVID, there will not be the opportunity to gather as a school community for mass. However, throughout the day, our Kindy to Year 6 students will be participating in a prayer session and several Feast Day activities in their classrooms. Students on this day will also receive a special lunch (Hot Dog and Juicy Icy-pole), provided by the school. The canteen will still be open for morning tea orders. Please ensure that your child brings morning tea on this day or orders from the canteen.
Sacred Heart is continuing Waste-Free Tuesdays (Wednesday for our Kindy students) in 2020. Below are some tips to discuss with your child when packing lunches.
Waste-Free Lunch Tips
· Get children to help pack their lunches with healthy foods.
· Only pack as much food as your child will eat.
· Use a reusable lunch bag/box for carrying a lunch.
· Use a refillable bottle for drinks.
· If you choose to use a single-serving container, please make sure it is recyclable.
· Put sandwiches, muffins, etc. in reusable containers, instead of plastic bags. Label them with your child’s name so they have a better chance of coming home.
· Avoid pre-packaged, single-serve portions of snacks.
· Prepare extra food at dinnertime and use the leftovers for lunches. Minimise the morning rush by packing lunches the night before and refrigerating overnight.
We thank you for your co-operation in this important initiative at Sacred Heart.
Sacred Heart’s LifeLink Day
Last Wednesday our students and staff wore their pyjamas to school to support LifeLink Day. As a school, we raised a total of $344.45. A big thank you to the Year 6 Pastoral Care Council for organising this fundraiser. Well done, SHPSH for supporting this important day!
It has come to our attention that quite a few of our Sacred Heart students are presenting to school wearing incorrect uniforms. Whilst the school is currently ‘flexible’ with the changeover of Summer/Winter uniform requirements because of Uniform Shop restrictions due to COVID, the following ‘out-of-uniform’ matters need immediate attention by parents and students:
- Below shoulder length hair being worn down – needs to be tied up.
- Incorrect coloured hair ties and bows – red hair ties/bows with formal school uniform. Faction coloured ties/bows when faction tops are worn.
- Sneakers/sports shoes worn with the formal school uniform – only black leather lace up shoes (ie., No Mary Jane/buckle-up Shoes)
- Skivvies/long tops worn under sports tops for extra warmth – Singlets, which can not be seen, can continue to be worn. Please purchase the school tracksuit top to keep warm.
- Black tights are not to be worn – purchase navy tights or wear school socks.
- Coloured nail polish – please remove all nail polish before coming to school.
Our staff will be conducting uniform checks over the next few days to address the above, sending home uniform slips as required. Please continue to encourage your child to take pride in their personal appearance ie. hair neatly combed or brushed and school shirts are worn tucked in for the commencement of the school day.
Thank you for your co-operation with this matter.
Term 3 Start Date
Please note that the new commencement date for Term 3 is: Tuesday 21st July. Monday remains a Pupil-Free Day.
Our school canteen has resumed canteen services for Term 2. Please note the canteen is CLOSED ON TUESDAYS.
Due to COVID, all canteen orders need to be placed online.
The link to order online is: https://www.schoollunchonline.com.au/?q=Family/BeginOrder
Vilma Spence is available for any uniform requirements, please call 9271 4479.
If you are interested in ordering a Winter Weather Jacket please contact the school office.
Ms Renee Byrne-King and Mrs Carolyn Perlini (Assistant Principals)